There are many other chargeable traffic offenses than the ones listed on this site. The other web pages cover just some of the more common traffic tickets. Other types of traffic offenses and a brief description are below:
- Expired Registration: A past due registration is the basis for a traffic stop.
- Failure to Stop at Steady Red Light: You can be charged with this if you fail to stop for a red light. Even if you are turning right at the light, and no cars are coming, you still must come to a complete stop.
- Failure to Stop at a Stop Sign: This includes “rolling” a stop sign.
- Illegal Street Racing: This is a fairly serious offense including both prearranged and spontaneous racing. You could be facing a Class 2 or Class 1 misdemeanor. The penalties include loss of license, and, for prearranged racing, loss of the vehicle.
- Hit and Run: This can refer to a number of crimes with varying levels of punishment. The crimes range from a Class 1 misdemeanor, all the way to a Class H felony. We need to read your specific charges to know what level of charge you face.
There are many more possible charges that you could face. This website does not list all possible traffic offenses. Even so, give us a call to see if we can help you. We are glad to answer question you have about your case. We are here to make this simple for you. If you choose us to represent you, we will let you know what kind of options that we may have in your case. These may depend on several factors. Please give us a call to discuss your case today.